14 July 2012


Hey!
So these past few days have been pretty fun in an unexpected sort of way. It all started when I got a call from my friend of mine who was so sick she had to get flown down from Upper East! She called me to say she wasn’t super sick anymore but they wanted to keep her for a until Wednesday ish (Monday was a Ghanian holiday and Wednesday was an American holiday…Peace Corps Ghana offices get both…score for them!). Normally shes like 1000 hours away (more like 18) so her being in Accra was the closest we were going to get to hanging out for the next few months. So I went…making it my second trip to Accra in as many weeks. Crazy. While I was down I manage to score an invite to the US Embassy 4th of July party! That means BURGERS! Anddd the Whiffenpoofs (Yale acappella group) was there too (no idea why) so that was an unexpected treat! It was all wonderful but I would have traded it all to see some fireworks. The 4th really is one of my favorite holidays and it made me sad to miss fireworks…again.

On a MUCH happier note…who can I congratulate for being responsible for Magic MIKE!!! Im not actually sure life gets much better than that ;-) Going to be looking for a bootleg copy of that movie on the streets of Takoradi like a hawk!

On another fun note…I have baby spiders living inside of my computer. I swear…im criptonite for electronics. Spiders…really?

Anddddd I have 3 more cats. Long story short I did not actually want them but I ended up being the only person who would take them and not eat them. There cute but not even a month old (no idea what happened to the mother…simmering in groundnut soup probably) so there really more work then I bargained for. And since they are so young they think im there mother. Which is only cute for 12 seconds…and I’m a cat person. Now stupid big cat wants nothing to do with me because im baby cats mom so it PEED ON MY CLOTHES! Stupid bug cat is going outside to be nice to little cats…just as soon as I find it. Yea. It hides from me and then runs away when I get close to zeroing in. I’m 24 and have 4 cats. I spent my Saturday morning mopping the back step of cat poo vomit. Im in the prime of my life and im spending Saturday morning cleaning up after 3 of my 4 cats. Im too young for this! Saturday mornings are meant to be spend having brunch with Indiana Jones…sigh…I think basically defines my life as of late.
***update***  between the time of me writing this post and getting to an internet connection one of the kittens is killed. Terrible.

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the wonderful summer weather. Buttttt not even the tinniest part of me want to hear about how how it is. :) 

Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment