18 February 2013

cork problems


Happy Valentines Day!!!

I hope you all had a great valentines day! I was my own valentine…I treated myself to a bottle of wine…that’s right BOTTLE…like with glass and a cork and everything (usually wine comes in a cardboard box and is just described and labeled as “red”).since this is the first time i bought a bottle i didnt realize that glass means cork and cork means corkscrew. i ended up pushing the cork into the bottle and calling it a day.
 
*Written a few days ago*
Today I woke up with a cold! I am pretty unhappy about this development…I’ve got things to do!!! AND who gets a cold in 95 degree weather anyway!! Uncool! So I’m sitting here with the sniffles taking a break from my computer work and trying to convince myself that 1.15 is NOT late enough to go back to bed. Yea, its going well… The only thing that has convinced me to stay out of my pjs is that I’m supposed to have drinks with the Australian volunteer that lives nearby (about 30 minutes away) and his girlfriend. If this were the real world you would just call your friend and say “hey, I’ve got the sniffles today lets do this tomorrow” but since this is not the real world and I have been looking forward to this for the better part of week and a half I’m not going to cancel but show up and infect everybody. Solid plan.

I’ve been semi successful in planning my future! Well not really/even a little but I’ve gone to the internet café in Takoradi (the only one with internet fast enough not to make you want to throw your computer) 2 times this past week with the intention of planning my future. In reality it turns into facebook/ travel plans/chatting. Whatever. It’s coming. Don’t worry Wilbur, mommy #1 will be home soon. 

I had a little dinner date with the Australian volunteer and his dutch girlfriend/wife a few nights ago. It was really nice to just relax and chat in engligh. they havent been in Ghana for too long so it was nice to be an expert obruni with things with where to buy potatoes that dont come with bugs and what blend of spices tastes most like apiece of pizza. 

im sorry this post is a bit choppy but i had a real post then the power went out and my computer died and ate it and im too frustrated with ghana to want to repost...but i promise i will soon!

Much love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment