Heyyy Everyone!
Its strange because I feel like I’ve been rushing all over
these past few weeks/months, doing 1,000 different things at once, but when I look
back at what I have actually, for sure, 100% accomplished…I don’t really know
what to say. I don’t mean to say that things aren’t going well…they are. Grant
proposals submitted, workshops being planned, meetings attended, mid service
medical done…everything is going according to plan but nothing is 100%
finished. I’m not really complaining but its tough when I go to sit down and
write an update and I can’t move that marker from “in progress” to “complete”. I
guess I’m just being American…very results driven.
Highlights from the past few weeks:
-bought Andes mint chocolates at the obruni supermarket while I was in Accra for my check-up. They were on clearance from last Christmas…ask me if I care.
-went out for Lebanese food. I had a hummus shawarma with STEAK (I’m almost 100% it was cow). It was by far the most wonderful meal I have had in Ghana, hands down.
-after we had Lebanese food we were sitting around the table talking for a time and one of us noticed a sign that said “bakery” across the street from where we were sitting. Needless to say we went and investigated…and found CAKE. Just to clarify, we are not as strange as we sound. A sign that says “bakery” doesn’t necessarily mean that the store under the sign is a bakery. It’s just how it goes. But it did this time and there was obruni, overpriced cake under the sign…so wonderful. I got chocolate.
-bought Andes mint chocolates at the obruni supermarket while I was in Accra for my check-up. They were on clearance from last Christmas…ask me if I care.
-went out for Lebanese food. I had a hummus shawarma with STEAK (I’m almost 100% it was cow). It was by far the most wonderful meal I have had in Ghana, hands down.
-after we had Lebanese food we were sitting around the table talking for a time and one of us noticed a sign that said “bakery” across the street from where we were sitting. Needless to say we went and investigated…and found CAKE. Just to clarify, we are not as strange as we sound. A sign that says “bakery” doesn’t necessarily mean that the store under the sign is a bakery. It’s just how it goes. But it did this time and there was obruni, overpriced cake under the sign…so wonderful. I got chocolate.
-Only TWO MONTHS until I get to see all your wonderful
faces!!!!
I’ll wrote another update soon-ish. I’m traveling to Tamale
(up near the Burkina Faso boarder) for a food security meeting. I’m looking at
a 15+ hour bus ride…wish me luck.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment